Friday, December 4, 2009

SIMPLE PRAYER (Part V)

By Odon Bulamba

Mathew 6:8b, “for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him”. When we want something, before we ask He knows and He has already arranged blessings so He can answer, it’s just a matter to ask Him. “You know before I know it”. What I ask for, is it necessary for my life, is it good for my life? Will it be an advantage for not only my life but for the life you have put inside of me. If I need something just because I have seen it, I will fall into envy and God will answer the prayer but not be very happy. Like the story of the prodigal son in Luke 15; the dad gave money but he wasn’t happy. The Dad gave because it was his right and he had promised. We don’t want to ask God for money for something that God won’t be happy with.

When we pray we must not fool ourselves God already knows it. God knows the need is there, but He is waiting and watching to see whether we will ask him or just listen to our own thoughts. He wants to see if we will wait and ask or just follow our own ideas. Sometimes we want to impose our ideas on God but we must recognise our authority and His too. If we ask for the glory of His name, He will give. If not, then you might be disappointed. Nathanael knows he can joke with his mum but he knows when she is serious and knows that he must do what she says. It’s the same with God, because He is our father. He gives us time to talk and to joke with Him but there is also a time to be serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment