Sunday, May 5, 2019

Communion Message


By Odon


We must remember who Jesus is for us and what he did for us and why he did it.  Why did Jesus die for me?  Who am I to deserve what Jesus did for me?  He left heaven to come down here looking for someone like me.  He sacrificed everything including His glory for us to find Him but we still disappoint Him in one way or another.  He died for us without us even asking Him for it or even asking for help and once He save us we are the first to turn our back on Him and find that God is like a burden for us, “we are tired of you, give us some space”.


Luke 10:25, the good Samaritan story.  The road was called the road of blood because every day someone was killed leaving Jerusalem to go to Jericho.  Everybody was scared to walk on that road.  This man was beaten and all that he had was taken from him and he was left half dead.  He was a Jew.  A priest came and looked but decided to cross the road and carry on.  A Levite came and also walked passed.  A Samaritan who was a stranger, a foreigner, came and found the beaten man and knelt down beside him, applied oil on his wounds, picked him up on the donkey and took him to an inn.  He said, “Look after the person, treat him, here is some money and when I come back I will pay the difference”.


The lawyer asked how to get into the Kingdom of God.  Pharisees were lawyers and knew the law very well but they didn’t apply law correctly.  To answer that question, Jesus said, “Who is a good neighbour among these three people?”  Samaritan and Jews were enemies.  A Samaritan helped the Jew.  Jesus is the Samaritan in your life.  Sometimes we see Jesus as our enemy and His word as our enemy because He fights against our will.  It is against our action. 


Have you hated someone for no reason?  I was in a hotel recently and at the reception, I was asked, “Where are you from”.  “I’m your customer”. How come? “Because I booked a room”.  She said, “Are you serious, give me your passport…I don’t think there is vacancy here, you should go somewhere else”.  This was a French lady.  “I think my colleagues made a mistake”.  I said, “No I booked a room and I have already paid”. 

We were talking to English and then she spoke to another in French and said, “This guy is rude he doesn’t listen”.  The man said, “He should go to another hotel”.  That were talking like that because the hotel is for high rank and they didn’t consider a black person could be of high rank.


Jesus is coming to your life to secure you without you inviting him like the Jew who was half dead.  The Samaritan picked him up and carried him to look after him.  As sinners we were in the weakest position and Jesus wants to look after us.  Do you want to be looked after forever or only when you are in problems and when the problems are over you say, “It’s enough now I don’t need you anymore”.


The Bible doesn’t say what the Samaritan said, it doesn’t say he said thank you and I will pay you back.  This is a picture of the church.  Once we recover from our problems, we push Jesus aside, “I am strong now, let me do my own stuff”. 

I spoke to the lady at the hotel in French, “I am not going to the next hotel, I belong here”.  They were shocked, “You speak French?”  I told them not to do that, we must consider people as people.


Jesus is telling us now, “Because you forget every time, take communion to remember.  You must remember me and what I did for you”.  Once upon a time I was walking on the street, I was beaten by the devil and Jesus saved me and I must be careful not to go again to the road of blood because satan might catch me again.  We have intelligence to think about the dangers in front of us.  We must protect our soul from being beaten by the evil ones.

Remember what Jesus did for you the first time.  He died for us once, we were saved once and we don’t have to expect Jesus to rescue us again.  When we think that we can steal and Jesus will forgive or we can lie and Jesus will forgive, we become luke warm.  We are neither hot nor cold and at that point, He will vomit us out.


“This is my body, bread, eat it”.  He broke the bread.  Imagine someone breaking your body, how will you feel?  Pain.  When He broke it, He didn’t keep it as two pieces but said to share it.  In a country in Africa when they want to punish someone they will eat you alive.  Every member of the community will bite flesh from you and eat it.  That is a type of punishment.  You feel pain and you scream and cry and no one will stop and there will be blood everywhere.  Jesus says, “Here is my body and each of you take a piece.  It is painful for Me but it is a sacrifice I do for you.  When you eat the bread remember that I went through pain for you.  Blood, wine, drink it to remember me”. 


Have you stopped to think about the gift of forgiveness?  This is for you to make you clean, to be forgiven you need this blood.  Do you know the value of blood?  Without blood in your body, you die.  If you stab someone, the whole country will be against you because of the blood.  The blood of Abel woke up God, “The blood of your brother is crying to me”.  The power in the blood was screaming to God.


The power in blood is so big.  Jesus has given us his blood, drink it to remember him.  Think about the blood of Jesus.  What does it mean to you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment