Thursday, April 2, 2009

Faith and Hope

By Tyrone Garratt

Hebrews 11:1-3 & 6-7

Hope must be programmed from the Word of God and not from daily circumstances.

Hebrews 11:6, says that without faith it is impossible to please God. The first thing to establish before approaching God is that He is the only one who can bring about miracles. Secondly, we must believe that He rewards those that diligently seek Him.

When asked, "what would you really do if your son was born with an incurable, genetic defect?" Dave Robertson replied:

This is what I would do if faced with a problem that could cost part of my life. I do believe in God's love and I believe that God's love coupled with my love for a brother, sister, father...would be enough to cause me to do whatever is necessery to receive the needed miracle.

I would begin reaching the place where I am willing to subject my senses continually to the Word that pertains to my problem. I would do this until my hope is turned to God and is able to receive faith for my miracle. I do not not know how long this would take, but in a case like this, time is irrelevant. My old self would have to die to everything except receiving the needed miracle. My spirit man would have to know that I am in this for the duration. I would have to know my battle is with the conforming of the hope in my soul to God's Word and not with God.

Hope must be accompanied with the Word of God and faith must be accompanied with actions (prayer).

No comments:

Post a Comment