Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Ministry of a Prophet (Abraham - Part IV)

By Odon Bulamba (summary only)

5. God’s trials

God didn’t leave Abraham’s family. He continued to deal with the next generation. Isaac was born and was innocent all his life and God came and spoke with Abraham, “Abraham, I am preparing you, you must work for me, I am visiting you one more time. Abraham there is test at you door, give me this child, I love him, kill this child for Me, I love him.”

What parent would accept to kill his child? If your husband told you to kill your daughter would you accept or would you divorce? This is really difficult to accept to kill your child because of the love for your husband. This is what trials God brings to His servants. After the little trials, there are the great ones. Never forget that prophecy is first in the church, so to reach that level, we must go through really hard stages that we cannot do with our own strength. Abraham said, “okay, I accept it, I’ll give you my child.” Very early in the morning, Abraham got up, and said to his son, “Isaac wake up, Isaac, get up I must go with you”.
- “But dad, you didn’t tell me yesterday that we would go anywhere”.
- “Isaac, I am your father, wake up, let’s go!”

Isaac submitted completely, “This is my dad’s voice, I must humiliate myself and I must also follow what he is saying.” He accepted and he went. Abraham then took the wood and a donkey. As we know, the donkey is a very proud animal; it’s an animal that represents pride in the Bible along with the peacock.

Abraham chose this animal and put wood on it. Abraham left with his Christian personality, along with pride, his son Isaac, and some dry wood which had no life anymore. When they arrived near the mountain, on the first day he said to his servants, “Stay there, we want to carry on.” Abraham thought, “Everything is ready, I must now kill my child. For the love of God, I must kill my son.”

For God’s love, what have you offered your God? Some Christians only give five dollars for offering, and they regret it, “With these five dollars I could have brought a tube of sunscreen for the weather is hot today. No, I don’t want to give these five dollars this Sunday because tomorrow I need to buy stamps and send some letters.” If you are not able to give one dollar for the offering, do you believe you can give all your life to God? Giving your life to God means giving who you are and all what you have. If you are not able to give what you have, it will be more difficult to give who you are.

Abraham, the trust worthy man did not tell his wife about the sacrifice. So Sarah was at home and she didn’t know where he was. Imagine if Abraham had told Sarah about the sacrifice? What would have Sarah answered? This is how God always prepares his servants. He visits them personally, after that, he visits the whole family and then, He takes them away from their family. Everyone of us has been visited by God, and everyone of us has be called by God, and today we are one family in Jesus Christ; with all the Christians in the world we are one family. But at some stage, God will give us different tasks to reach other levels, and to reach these levels, we must trust God completely, work in unity and humiliate ourselves before everybody. We must also discern if this person I can see is from God or not; it means that we must have a spirit of discernment and discern what is from God and what is not from God. We must ask God to give us the desire to always run to Him. The Bible says that in the end time, many will come in the name of Jesus, do not go there, be careful! When a pastor or an evangelist is preaching, I must know is God’s presence is in this preaching or not, because I don’t want to be deceived by anyone who comes in Jesus’ name. Because what a soul is worth is more than what the whole earth is worth. So be careful not to lose your soul.

If you want God to prepare you to be a prophet just say to God I am ready, so give me the ability to obey everything you will say and that I may walk according to your will.

SUMMARY

- A prophet of God must obey God 100%
- A prophet of God must go through trials to prove they obey God 100%
- A prophet of God must humble themselves and work in unity with others
- A prophet of God must be trustworthy

For the full message please email: littlebethlehem@windowslive.com

No comments:

Post a Comment