Saturday, August 4, 2012

Conversation with Jesus (Part II)

By Colleen Podmore


Dialogue with Jesus



Jesus said, ‘Give me some fruit, woman’.


She replied, ‘Why do you annoy me, I’m busy’.


Jesus answered, ‘If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for fruit, you would have asked him and he would have given you fruitfulness’.


‘Excuse me, but who do you think you are?’ she said, annoyed at this person.


‘Everyone who works in their own strength will become tired and anxious, depressed and despairing of life itself, but whoever eats the fruit I give them, will always be fruitful. Indeed the fruit will bring victory in everyday situations and will also store up for you treasure in heaven’.


‘That’s what I’m talking about – give me some of this fruit, so that I won’t be tired everyday’ Colleen said, suddenly interested in what he had to say.


The man said, ‘Go call your friend’


She replied, ‘I don’t have any friends’


Jesus said, ‘That’s true, you used to have friends, in fact you had several friends, but they no longer like you. What you have said is true’.


Feeling exposed, the woman hit back, ‘What about you? How many friends do you have?’


Jesus said, ‘Believe me woman; a time is coming when all my friends will desert me. Friends in this life are valuable, but being friends with my Father is far more important and sustaining. God is Father and is looking for children to be a part of His family’.


The woman said, ‘One day Jesus will come back to earth and explain everything’.


Then Jesus answered, ‘Colleen, my child, I AM speaking to you, go and be fruitful’


‘Yes Lord’


(Galatians 5:22)





No comments:

Post a Comment